Tag Management System (TMS) helps you to manage your analytics and marketing tags or any tag-based technologies with less effort. This system is beneficial to developer and online marketing/advertising firms. We will start with the overview of the Tag management and then we will implement the Google Analytics using the Tag management in next blog post.
Why Tag management?
- Tag management let you control the tags of entire site/sites from central location
- Its required minimum effort and minimum cost.
- Developers can manage third-party technologies from one place
- Too many inline tags on page can slow down you site
- Frequently changes on pages are very time consuming and repetitive task for each duplicate tag
- Marketer/Advertiser can take decision to update the tags of any campaign/channel frequently if it’s required as per their analysis
- Once it’s set up then it’s required less development knowledge to update the tag value
How Tag management works?
Tag management loads all the tags on a page at a time rather than loading one after another. TMS contains two main components, Container and Script. Container is a collection of one or more than one scripts. Scripts are collection of the tags for specific page(s) or entire site.
TMS will let user to handle the container and script using easy web interface so all users (including non-technical users) can enable/disable or edit the code.
Who use Tag management?
- Large business websites uses Tag management
- Frequently changes in content
- Third party developers
Benefits of Tag management:
- Quick implementation: Add, modify or delete tags quickly during the website development cycle
- In-built tags: Most of TMS provide almost all tag system of analytics tools and technologies. You can use one or more tags at a time for single page.
- Ease-of-use: You don’t need Programming knowledge to manage tag when you are working with a user-friendly TMS. So here marketer/advertiser can manage it without including IT department.
- Performance: TMS group all the tags and load together and serves when it’s required. It will improve page load time dramatically.
Tag management Tool
There are plenty of TMS tools available with more features than described above. Following are few tools out of them:
Latest posts by Sachin Patel (see all)
- Ebook: GA4 vs UA(GA3) an in-depth comparison for a roadmap - January 24, 2022
- Infographic: UA VS GA4. What’s NEW - January 18, 2022
- Transform Your Ecommerce Business with Google Analytics 4 - January 18, 2022