When a user visits your website and performs any activity involved with your website. i.e. viewing videos, purchasing products, requesting services that you may offer. Now in this competitive age it becomes necessary to keep up to the pace with the taste of your user base and constantly upgrading with your offerings. Using Google Analytics as a constant input always helps website owners to decide on the critical business needs, to grow or to reach to end user. Now if you can identify user’s behavior tagging them anonymously would give a detailed analysis which would give you additional advantage while fulfilling your user’s requirement.
For example, if an e-commerce owner would know that people from certain region prefer free-shipping and from other region they prefer using discount coupon codes and purchases more. While identifying such users would help website owner to create unique offers on his web store.
How to do anonymous tracking
Note: This solution uses custom variable 1 on visitor level so make sure if you are already using custom variable on your site update the code accordingly to use available custom variable on your website.
Now you can either use GA interface to create different reports or extract data using GA API v3 and use the data for your next level of analysis.
Some use cases of implementation:
- You can use this script to identify browsing behavior of your users.
- You can know what kind of offerings works best on your e-commerce store and how individual user reacts to it.
- You can create unique offers based on user’s behavior i.e. providing free shipping if you see constant drop after shipping calculations in checkout process.
- Promote specific products for specific users.
- Provide unique contents.
Want us to help you implement or analyze the data for your visitors. Contact us
Latest posts by Aditi Buch (see all)
- How To Design Subscription Pricing Plans To Increase Your Recurring Revenue? - April 30, 2021
- Top 10 Examples Of Interactive Ads - April 7, 2021
- 5 Best Ways to Create Effective CTA Buttons and Effective Value Proposition for e-Commerce - April 1, 2021