You all are aware of “Update to Brian Clifton’s Outbound Link Tracking Code” post
I would like to update that script for Asynchronous Google Analytics Implementation, which is available here
It will serve four purposes:
- External Link Tracking: To track all links on your webpage which are external links i.e. sub-domain or 3rd party domain links.
- Email Link Tracking: To track all links which are “mailto” links.
- Document Download Tracking: Track all documents which ending with .jpg, .doc, .docx, .xls, .zip, .pdf etc. (you can change according to your need in the code).
- Time Tracking: It will also track how much time later user clicked on the link.
All you have to include the code just before the </head> tag in your website.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Tatvic (see all)
- Web Page Sequencing Analysis Using Google Analytics - December 22, 2012
- Anonymous Tracking of visitor using visitor id - October 8, 2012
- Tracking URL query parameters to get actionable information - June 27, 2012