Google Analytics introduces new features frequently; while some features are a part of an on-going Enhancement, few changes the way we look at the data & proves to be Game Changers.
I’d rate introduction of ‘Enhanced Ecommerce’ in such category. GA has hit the bull’s eye with the introduction of ‘Enhanced Ecommerce’. It has opened a cornucopia of powerful insights and actionable data for analysts, marketers and Ecommerce store owners. Enhanced Ecommerce gives detailed overview of user behavior from landing to final purchase, on performance of store’s Products’, Promotional Activities, Discount offers, Search results, drop off in user journey etc.
In our earlier blogpost, Bhoomika showed you how to implement Enhanced Ecommerce on your online store and today I will show you how to generate insights & take business decisions based on Enhanced Ecommerce reports. I will explain major Enhanced Ecommerce report one by one and give you brief information on what each report brings to table in terms of insights from data and actionability.
- Shopping Analysis Report
- Product Performance Report
- Internal Promotion Report
- Internal Search Behavior Report
- Coupon Code Performance Report
Shopping Analysis Reports
The Shopping & Checkout behavior report gives you detailed view about how online users engage with your site after landing on your webpage. Further, it also gives an idea about % drop-offs at every stage of funnel. It gives you precise and clear representation regarding how users progress through various sections of your website.
(Shopping Behavior Report)
(Checkout Behavior Report)
- Which stage of your website is causing high drop-offs and leaking revenue
- The behavior pattern of New vs. returning users on your website
- Further you can segment these users based on different dimensions such as medium, device, location, etc
This report will help business owners in taking important strategic decisions like:
- Site optimization on device/platform, wherein some of the stages are highly abandoned
- Tap revenue leakage from high drop-offs stages
- Changing the design of high-off stages
- Bringing users back who had abandoned the checkout process
Product performance Reports
This report can be considered as the most useful addition to Google Analytics. With this report, Google finally fulfilled the demand of Ecommerce store owners by adding the most beneficial product level data in Google Analytics. One can compare the performance of each product according to its purchase, revenue, cart removals, product page views, add to carts, cart to details rate and buy to detail rate with the help of this report. Each product’s performance can be analyzed and business decision can be taken based on it.
Earlier, a product’s popularity was determined by its quantity and revenue generated by it, but this is not always the same. The reason behind this is that there may be several other products with high product page views, but lesser conversions. With Product Performance Report one can directly compare products and can carry out product conversion rate analysis.
In the Product Performance section, we can get one another important report of ‘Brand Performance’, which lets you to compare and analyze each brand’s Sales Performance and shopping behavior data.
- Products/product categories that are getting high visibility among users, but lower visibility to add to carts (ATC).
- Product/Products categories that are getting removed on frequent basis from shopping cart.
- Brands which are showing better performance and are generating high revenue
- You can offer discounts on products that have high product view rate but lower add to cart rates.
- You can win back those users who have abandoned the shopping cart using remarketing and thus can improve product revenue
- Remarketing integration can be carried out with Enhanced Ecommerce which will save you lot of money as it decreases dependency factor on Cart recovery tools.
- Brand performance enables you to take tactical decision from investment perspective.
- Importing product level data in Google Analytics opens up whole new level of possibilities
- And if you can import product level metadata in to GA then it opens up whole new level of possibilities that as business owner you always wish to have. Let’s take few examples-
- If you can import Product Profit % data in to GA and compare product performance data vs. Profit than you can take many strategic decisions such as lowering the selling price of products which is having higher Profit % and lower cart rate
- You can increase profit margin for those products which constantly generates high revenue for the store and you can monitor impact on product performance directly from GA (I know that it’s not as easy as I have written here, that’s why we have built this Price Optimization tool)
- You can import data of Avg. review score for products and compare relation between review score and product revenue
Internal Promotion Report
This report of Enhanced Ecommerce will make marketers life much easy. Till now, it was difficult for them to check accurate performance of internal promotions banners of the store in GA without the need for customization. The best solution for this is to implement event tracking and track clicks on each banners. But kudos to GA as now, with this report one can track the performance of each of the banner in terms of Impressions, Clicks, CTR, position and sequence wise. Learn how to Implement Internal Promotion Report.
With this report, you can track performance of each banner in terms of Clicks, impressions and CTR in terms of position and sequence wise.
- Which of the banner is performing better in terms of CTR
- How image positioning is actually creating an impact on CTR
- It proves helpful for marketers in taking certain decisions such as which product should be highlighted in the banner
- Deciding about the position of the product image in the banner to get higher CTR
- Changing the Design & Copy of the banner with lower CTRs
Internal Search Behavior Report
Internal search is a very important functionality to measure the progress any Ecommerce store. Through this report, you will be able to check which products are getting high visibility from search results and is this traffic getting converted or not. It gives you a fair idea about how products are faring in search results. How many times a product appears and its CTR
This report gives you overview on how products are faring in search results? How many times product appeared and what is the CTR?
- The most popular products on your Ecommerce store
- Are people actually getting what they are searching for from search pages?
- Do products that have high impressions in search pages are purchased more often than rest of the products.
- Product with high impressions can be included in the main banner itself
- Discounts can be offered on products with high search CTR, but low revenue
- Products/product categories with high search impression can be highlighted
- Calibrate search mechanism on the site if you observe high search impression for products but low CTR
Coupon Code Performance Report
This new report in UA now allows Ecommerce stores to track the Product or Order coupons which are part of Transactions. It allows the comparison of coupons in terms of Revenue, AOV and Transactions.
Coupons report in UA offers several insights into popularity of coupons and their impact on store.
- Which of your coupon are used most? e.g. – As we can see in the above report, Coupon no. 2 has been used most and with higher AOV
- Which coupons are generating higher Revenue?
- Which coupons are impacting AOV the most? e.g.- Coupon no.3 from the above report has significantly lower AOV than site average.
Insights into Coupons usage can help you in taking several business decisions
- Helps you to strategize coupon offers- If you know that which coupons are popular and which ones are impacting AOV the most, you can strategize your coupons strategy accordingly.
- For which products coupons can be awarded more- Analyzing the impact of Product coupons and getting understanding on how coupons are driving product purchases can help you in selling some of the less popular products and thus increase in the Revenue
How much discounts can be offered on products- By analyzing the impact of Coupons on AOV business owners can play with Discount offerings of Products. e.g.- If coupons are impacting AOV negatively, owners can decrease the discount offerings of the coupons
Thus, these reports prove as a boon for Ecommerce retailers by providing them with useful insights regarding user behavior on Ecommerce store and action plan which can be taken based upon it. This in turn helps them to take several important decisions to improvise their Ecommerce online store and to earn good profits out of it.
Interested in learning more about Enhanced Ecommerce? Check out our Post – 32 Resources to Help You Become an Expert at Enhanced Ecommerce
Latest posts by Nilang Patel (see all)
- How Personalization Can Reduce eCommerce Bounce Rates - August 16, 2021
- How To Design Subscription Pricing Plans To Increase Your Recurring Revenue? - April 30, 2021
- Top 10 Examples Of Interactive Ads - April 7, 2021