In order to engage potential customers and generate leads, businesses need to have a strong value proposition on their landing pages. A value proposition is a brief statement that tells prospective customers what you can offer them and how it can benefit them. It is essential in lead generation because it helps you stand out from the competition and convince visitors to convert into leads.
Without a strong value proposition, your lead generation efforts will be less effective and you may even lose potential customers. So if you want to improve your lead generation results, make sure your landing pages have a strong value proposition.
What is A unique Value Proposition?
A unique value proposition (UVP) is a statement that describes a product or service’s most important benefits and features, emphasizing why it beats out its competitors. It should be simple and concise, yet compelling enough to get potential customers’ attention. An effective UVP should clearly explain what you offer, who it’s for, and how
[Product/Service] + [Unique Benefit] = [Value Proposition]
What is considered as a strong value proposition?
A value proposition is a statement that presents the core value of an organization to its prospects, consumers, and partners. It describes how an organization’s offering can help an individual or business to address their needs, wants, and desires.
Here are some examples of great value propositions
- Tesla: “Accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy.” Tesla stands out amongst electric car companies by providing more than just an automobile; they are dedicated to decreasing the world’s dependence on fossil fuels and empowering sustainable energy solutions.
- Zappos: “Delivering a WOW experience. .” Zappos’ With an emphasis on superior customer service and a commitment to providing customers with an enjoyable shopping experience, their unique value proposition sets us apart from other online shoe retailers.
- Dropbox: “Simplify your life.” Dropbox is the go-to cloud storage and file-sharing platform that simplifies organization, access, and collaboration for individuals as well as businesses. With a few clicks of your mouse, you can get started on accessing files from any device at any time – no matter where in the world you are!
- Airbnb: “Belong anywhere.” With Airbnb, travelers are granted the chance to experience a truly unforgettable journey; they get to stay in distinct and personalized accommodations all around the world, allowing them an even more genuine and immersive travel experience.
- Dollar Shave Club: “Shave time. Shave money.” Dollar Shave Club is the perfect solution for anyone who wants quality shaving products without breaking their budget. Not only do they offer great value, but you can also have them conveniently shipped directly to your home – saving both time and money!
How to create a strong value proposition?
By following these steps, you can create a unique and effective value proposition that will help your business stand out from the competition.
Define Your Ideal Customer: To craft a powerful value proposition, start by picturing your perfect customer. Consider who you are offering this product or service to and what they need out of it – use that insight to create an enticing message sure to pique their interest!
In this step we try to collect different data points from Google Analytics and other analytics sources, surveys and feedback from customers or even speak to our clients and come up with a user persona.
Here is an example of how we create a user persona. Our user persona shows a 42-year-old married man named Jeffrey who lives in Boston and is looking for a home loan. His goal is to get a loan with the lowest interest rate possible
- Map Benefits to Customer Needs: Once you know who your target audience is, think about how your product or service can meet their needs and solve their problems. Identify the benefits of using your product or service and make sure they are tailored to the needs of your ideal customer.
Continuing the example from above, our target customer Jeffrey is looking for a home loan with the lowest interest rate possible. So, our value proposition would focus on how our home loan products can help him save money on his monthly payments.
- Be Specific: When crafting a value proposition, it’s important to be as specific as possible about the benefits of using your product or service. Don’t just list generic features; focus on how those features will benefit the customer specifically.
Example: Jeffrey is looking for a home loan with the lowest interest rate possible. So, our value proposition might be: “Get the lowest Home loan interest rates starting at 6.80%* per annum.
Design is essential!: Ensure that your value proposition is visible and attractive on all marketing materials, such as your website. Keep in mind that even if you have a compelling offer, it will be meaningless if no one notices it! Make sure to place the offering front and center so that customers can easily recognize its value
Example: Our value proposition of “Get the lowest Home loan interest rates starting at 6.80%* per annum!” could be highlighted as such:
How to test your value proposition?
- Ask Your Customers – To really understand how your value proposition is performing, simply ask the experts—your customers. Their thoughtful feedback can offer a wealth of insight into what needs to be tweaked in order to make sure it resonates with them as much as possible!
- PPC Advertising – Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is a great way to test different versions of your value proposition and measure their success. You can create multiple ads with different versions of your value proposition and track the results to determine which one works best.
- Use A/B Testing – A/B testing is a great way to test different versions of your value proposition and see which one performs better with customers. You can use this method to compare two different versions of the same message or two completely different messages altogether. This will help you determine which one resonates more with customers so that you can make the necessary adjustments for maximum impact.
Creating a strong value proposition is essential for successful lead generation on any landing page. By defining your ideal customer, matching benefits to their needs, and being specific about the features of your product or service, you can create an effective message that resonates with potential customers.