Web Analytics implementation methodology is an outcome of research of 5 years of implementation experience from team of experts. It starts with very basic business objectives and translates these objectives into an Implementation plan for you.
A typical Set up plan would have at least following content:
- A customized & latest Code of Google Analytics/Omniture to be placed
- Tracking of Page Load time
- Tracking plan for Search Engine Effectiveness
- Tracking of Internal Site Search
- Tracking for Mobile visitors
- Micro Conversion tracking for e.g.
- Shopping cart abandonment rate
- Shopping cart close rate
- Product views to conversion rate
- Measurement Strategy for Internal & External campaigns
- Tracking of Offline media impact on website.
You can find example of this process as presented during a Google Analytics Conference